Learn to conquer the open road
If you’re ready to experience the unique thrill of riding your own motorcycle for the first time, there’s no better place to learn than the Harley-Davidson™ Riding Academy. Getting you out on the open road with your dream bike in a short time. Available only at Authorized H-D® Dealerships.
What to expect
When you take a New Rider Course at the Riding Academy you’ll:
- Learn to ride on a genuine Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Get in-class and on-range instruction from Motorcycle Safety Foundation® (MSF) and H-D® Certified Coaches.
- Learn to safely accelerate, shift, brake, and turn, along with maneuvers like controlling skids and surmounting obstacles.
- Earn an MSF Basic RiderCourseSM Completion Card, which scores you a discount on motorcycle insurance.
- The State of Illinois requires you to perform a skill evaluation at the DMV to obtain your M Class license. No waivers will be issued to Illinois residents, you must test with a State of Illinois Examiner.